Holiday celebrations in the workplace are a great way to break up the monotony of the work week. Earth Day allows us to celebrate the beauty of our planet while actively working to preserve that beauty for future generations. So utilize Earth Day as an opportunity to do some good. Make today a print-free work day. Have a waste-free lunch. Telecommute and cut down on your daily vehicle emissions. And above all, don’t forget to take a moment to step outside and bask in the splendor of our green Earth.
For further inspiration for going green on Earth Day, check out these 12 quotes celebrating Mother Nature.
- “A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children.” — John James Audubon
- “The earth is what we all have in common.” — Wendell Berry
- “The good man is the friend of all living things.” — Ghandi
- “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet, and the winds long to play with your hair.” — Kahlil Gibran
- “Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed.” — Francis Bacon
- “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” — John Muir
- “He that plants trees loves others beside himself.” — Thomas Fuller
- “The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” — Lady Bird Johnson
- “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” — Lao Tzu
- “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” — Albert Einstein
- “Every day is Earth Day, and I vote we start investing in a secure climate future right now.” — Jackie Speier
- “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” — Jane Goodall
Looking for even more inspiration? Check out these related posts: